This 2023 complete guide to modular kitchens will aid your switch to a new kitchen. A modular kitchen is a modern piece of furniture that is built with standard-sized cabinets and a variety of features. These kitchens consist of wall and base units that can be rearranged to optimize space and make everything, from the cooktop to the sink, easily accessible. Modular kitchen appliances also help keep things organized and clutter-free. Some benefits of a modular kitchen include improved kitchen sanitation, effective space management, cost-effectiveness, easy repairs, and the ability to customize to your preferences.
The materials used in a modular kitchen include shutters and kitchen cabinets made of MDF, plywood, veneer, acrylic, or solid wood, and countertops made of granite, tiles, wood, cement, quartz, or porcelain. Some popular accessories for modular kitchens include base units, wall units, and tiles.
When planning a modular kitchen, it’s important to consult with a professional designer to ensure an efficient flow of food preparation and cleanup and to make the most of the available space. The cost of a modular kitchen can vary based on factors such as the type of modules, complexity, size, depth, raw materials, and finish. The cost of a small modular kitchen can start around AED 150,000 or more, but with the help of professional kitchen design company in Dubai, one can tailor a solution to match your budget, lifestyle, and tastes.
2023 Complete guide to Modular Kitchens
Benefits of a modular kitchen
- Kitchen sanitation: To keep your kitchen clutter-free and spotless, consider installing a modular kitchen.
- Space management: This kitchen has been thoughtfully planned to use every inch of available space, and each modular unit was built with your comfort in mind. It is possible to rearrange these pieces so that everything, from the cooktop to the sink, may be easily accessed. Space-saving kitchen accessories like racks, baskets, holders, bins, and trays can help you make the most of every inch of your kitchen. Your design should be small enough to fit all of the kitchen appliances.
- Cost-effectiveness: Modular kitchens are less expensive than traditional ones because they are mass-produced in large quantities with less waste and a more efficient manufacturing process.
- Easy to repair: Repair and replacement of modular kitchen units are a breeze because of the units’ detachable design.
- Customized to your preferences: It’s easier to customize a modular kitchen unit than a regular kitchen unit. With so many options for kitchen accessories, you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for in a modular kitchen unit. A contemporary kitchen in Dubai is a bit harder to customize than a modular one.
Main materials used in the modular kitchens
Shutters and kitchen cabinets
In modular kitchen cabinets, MDF, ply-laminated with veneer membrane, acrylic, or solid wood and almost all types of woods with different finishes and NCS colors can be used for the external framework and shutters. Depending on your needs, you can choose from several exterior finishes. MDF or plywood is used to build the internal framework in most cases.
Granite, tiles, wood, or cement are the most common countertop materials. Also you can use quartz or porcelain in a cement texture with different finishes. Before making a purchase, consider the price per square foot of kitchen countertops, and keep in mind that, despite their popularity, oak or granite worktops are more expensive.
To keep your modular kitchen from getting damaged, use a countertop material that won’t absorb moisture. For more countertop design inspirations, check out our countertop services page.
What accessories can you put in a modular kitchen?
It’s a good idea to learn more about modular kitchen accessories before purchasing. There are a variety of accessories available, including:
- Base units: As a rule of thumb, modular kitchens come with at least two base units, a countertop oven, and a base unit with drawers and shelf space. The hob, which is essentially your stove, and sometimes the kitchen sink, are intended to fit into the base units.
- Wall units: These are mounted on the wall at a convenient height to access your stored utensils and jars easily.
- Tiles: Ceramic tiles are the most common flooring in kitchens, although wood and laminates are growing more popular as well. If you are looking for suitable kitchen furniture Dubai, our team of experts is ready to guide you.
An Important Point to Consider: Leave the planning to the professionals
Layout your kitchen to promote an efficient flow of food preparation and cleanup, considering the available space. Use the golden triangle rule to place the stove, the refrigerator, and the sink in the center of the kitchen, with a distance of 4 to 9 feet between them. All five types of kitchen layouts that we discussed before can be used for these kitchens but always consult with a professional designer to avoid further problems.
What Is the Cost of a Modular Kitchen in Dubai/UAE?
What Is the Cost of a Modular Kitchen in Dubai/UAE?
If you’re looking to remodel your modern kitchen in Dubai, you should know that it’s not just the square footage that determines the cost of a modular kitchen. Size isn’t the only aspect that affects the price of a modular kitchen in Dubai. The price of a small kitchen is affected by a variety of criteria, including the type of modules, their complexity, their size and depth, raw materials, the finish of the body, and shutters and knobs. The cost of building your kitchen may be quoted to you by designers on a per-square-foot basis. Nearly AED 150000 or more may buy you a completely functional modular kitchen design. Our showroom, on the other hand, can tailor a solution to match your budget, way of life, and tastes regardless of how much money you have to spend on a modular kitchen. Using our openness, you’ll have a great time overall.
When it comes to a modular kitchen, now you know that it consists of various modules in a row, from drawers to cabinets to shelves, racks to kitchen countertops. These many modules and your kitchen itself can be adjusted to fit your preferences and the design of your kitchen. The greatest way to make efficient use of available space while maintaining an appealing and trendy appearance is with a modular kitchen. Even in a seemingly small kitchen, an experienced professional can make the most of the available space. As a designing modular kitchen company in Dubai, If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. for more information about kitchens, check out the kitchen design in Dubai page.